Monday, August 25, 2008

The Jo Bros

http://www.happynews.com/news/8212008/jonas-brothers-notch-third-biggest-debut-2008.htm
Having kids in the demographics that Disney Channel caters to I know all about the Jonas Brothers. I've seen Camp Rock and I may even have a Jonas Brothers song on my iPod.
I reallly want these kids to succeed. As they obviously have.
What's really great when you see documentaries about them you see their parents right there. In fact the whole family is on the road with them. Even the bonus Jonas, their little brother.
It does arm the heart and I'm glad Disney has an avenue for artists like this. They have what seems to be a safer place for kids to be stars.
When I was a kid you could watch the shows from 8 to 9 at night with the whole family on network TV. Not anymore.
But Disney is a haven. I can watch with my kids and or not and not have to worry about the content.
Go Mickey!

6 comments:

Caridad Pineiro said...

I'm a JoBroHo. My daughter and I have seen them countless times and even got to meet them up close and personal before they got so big. Check out my facebook photos for a shot of my daughter with them.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=94022&id=1130005412

My favorite is Joe. So cute.

And yes, it's nice to see wholesome kids as role models.

Elaine Cantrell said...

This is exactly what we need-positive role models for teens.

Elaine Cantrell
www.elainecantrell.com

Pauline said...

And they are really good role models, which is cool. Have some Jonas Brothers on my iPod, too!

Susan said...

My niece loves the Jobros. She's convinced they're coming to her house to see her. From what I can tell, she has pretty good taste for a 10 year old.
Susan Shay
sshay.wordpress.com

Chris Redding said...

That's the thing. With so much crap around and bad role models it is so nice to see that there are positive role models.
cmr

Dana Fredsti said...

Even though I worked for The Mouse and know its corporate evil, I completely agree with you on the Disney Channel. Don't know the Jo Bros, but that's okay!