Author Lisabet Sarai shares a recipe with us on my inaugural Recipe Wednesday.
*Tijuana Sal's Picante Mexican Casserole
1 lb. ground beef1 package corn tortillas
8 oz. jack or medium cheddar cheese, sliced thin or grated
1 small can (175 gm) tomato paste
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 half red bell pepper, chopped
1 half green bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp. chopped fresh chilis, or 1/2 tsp. cayenne (or more to taste)
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
A dash of oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
Lots of fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Yogurt or sour cream
1. In a heavy skillet, fry the onions, garlic, and chilis in the vegetable oil until the onions start to brown.
2. Add the ground beef, cumin, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper (and cayenne, if you are using that instead of chilis). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is well-browned.
3. Add tomato paste, water, and white vinegar. Add the bell peppers. Cook on medium heat another five minutes.
4. Assemble the casserole in a brownie pan or deep pie plate. Start by covering the bottom with a layer of tortillas. (You may want to cut them in half so that you don't have two layers.)
5. Spread half the beef mixture on top of the tortillas.
6. Sprinkle or arrange half the cheese on top of the beef.
7. Add another layer of tortillas.
8. Spread the rest of the beef.
9. Cut a tortilla or two into strips and arrange artistically on top of the beef. Then
10. sprinkle or arrange the remaining cheese.
11. Broil for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts attractively.
12. Garnish with sour cream or yogurt and chopped black olives. Serve with a fresh tossed salad and a dry red wine.
Blurb: NECESSARY MADNESSM/M paranormal erotic romanceAvailable now from Total-E-Bound Publishing,http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?P_ID=655Nineteen year old Kyle sees visions of disasters, visions that tear his world apart. Everyone assumes that he is schizophrenic, but Rob, the cop who picks him up off the street, knows better. Rob's own experience has taught him that psychic powers are real, and potentially devastating.Since his telepathic sister's brutal murder, Rob wants nothing to do with "gifted" individuals like Kyle. Yet he can't deny his attraction to the beautiful, tortured young man -- an attraction that appears to be mutual. When a brilliant, sadistic practitioner of the black arts lures Kyle into his clutches, Rob faces the possibility that once again he may lose the person he loves most to the forces of darkness.-- Both power and love can lead to madness...
NECESSARY MADNESS - New M/M paranormal erotic romance from Lisabet Sarai
Read an excerpt at http://www.lisabetsarai.com/necessarymadnessex.html
Watch the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVZjWpvJEo
AVAILABLE NOW from Total-E-Bound!http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?P_ID=655