Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Authorsday: Rhonda Carver

Welcome Rhonda!

  1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer? Since I was thirteen. I read my first novel and I was stuck.
  2. How did you pick the genre you write in? I am a romantic at heart so it’s only fitting I create tales of love and happiness.
  3. Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants? I write by the seat of my pants. If I’m sitting at a restaurant, driving down the road, or even sitting at the doc’s office and I get a storyline idea, I’ll grab anything to jot down the idea. Napkins, gum wrappers, even on a cardboard box once. I do mean anything. But most of the time, my first word to a story is on the laptop.
  4. What do you know now that you are published that you didn’t know pre-published that you wish you knew? That I wasn’t as good as I thought I was. Does every other writer have a grandeur personality until they’re shot down a few times? I blush with the mere thought of how good I thought I was and how bad I actually was.
  5. Tell me one thing about yourself that very few people know? My first three books that I wrote were written at night underneath a blanket, with a flashlight after the kids were in bed. And I wrote each one by hand, for a total of about 30 thick, paper notebooks. This was pre-laptop. Now, I couldn’t live without it.
  6. If you have a day job, what is it? I am a freelance editor “on the side.”
  7. What’s your writing schedule? I write everyday. It is a fix for me. I spend at least four hours a day writing, and another hour marketing.
  8. What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go? Bora Bora.
  9. What’s your favorite food? Chocolate. I crave it, especially when I’ve put in a lot of writing time.
  10. What do you do when you are not writing? I spend time with my wee ones. We love to hang out watching movies, riding bikes…anything to keep them from arguing with each other. LOL.



Author Bio: Rhonda enjoys writing contemporary, paranormal, suspense, and erotica.  Her specialty is bad-ass and smart and sassy heroines. And her favorite subject is…men in military uniform. They make the perfect hero.



Her talent of bringing interesting characters to print and shaping happy endings are not only a passion of hers, but a dream career. She thinks the love between hero and heroine should be so steamy that it melts the ink off the pages.



If she’s not at her computer crafting a story, Rhonda enjoys reading romance, hanging out with her loved ones, or watching a movie that either pushes her to tears or has her rolling with laughter…and preferably both. 



She believes everyone deserves romance in their life—one page at a time.







Book Blurb:Second Chance Cowboy excerpt:



Carly squeezed her hands into fists. “My poor husband. How difficult it is for him to manage his inflated ego and keep his zipper closed.”

“We’re divorced, remember?” His voice reeked of sarcasm.

She groaned in irritation. Her pulse pounded in her ears like the beating of a drum. Her claws were showing.

Chance didn’t blink an eye as he gazed at her across the room. “Honey, I can keep my pants zipped just fine. Problem is, you can’t keep your fingers off my zipper.”

Carly’s palm itched to slap him. “We live in a small town, Chance. How do you think it’s possible we haven’t run into each other more than three times in the last two years?” She cocked her chin. “Let me fill you in. I’ve done everything in my power to keep from bumping into you. Do you realize how difficult it is to plan my schedule weeks in advance so I don’t have to see you? Is that a description of a woman who can’t keep her fingers off your zipper?”