Thursday, February 16, 2012

Interview with A. M. Burns

1.      How long have you been writing?

I’ve been writing since high school.

2.      Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants?

It depends on what I’m working on. Urban fantasy and paranormal books I tend to write by the seat of my pants. Traditional fantasy or mysteries I like to plot. That doesn’t mean I stick to the plot, but I start with one.

3.      What drew you to the subject of “Perfect Love”?

At that time I had a number of friends who were “acting up” shall we say, and they inspired me to work out some of my frustrations with them via literature. I have this t-shirt that I found years ago that says “Be careful or you’ll end up in my novel” that one of the things I warn people about. The names are changed to protect the guilty.

4.      If you could ask your readers one question, what would it be?

What would you like to see out of my work?

5.      What’s your writing schedule?

I spend several hours a day, once I’ve made a pass through my more popular websites, writing, or editing. Then I break for dinner, after dinner it’s several more hours working on whatever I need to work on, but I try to squeeze in a bit of marketing time in the evenings. When I’m at work on a novel, I shoot for 8,000 to 10,000 words a day.

6.      What other time period besides your own would you like to experience?

The Jurassic period, it would be so cool to go back and see the incredible diversity of life that existed back then.

7.      What’s your favorite food?

Hamburgers with really crispy French fries.

8.      What do you do when you are not writing?

I’m a falconer who lives in the mountains, when I’m not writing I take my birds out hunting or if its summer spend time hiking or riding in the wilderness.

9.      What is your favorite writing reference book and why?

The Writer’s Digest Character Naming sourcebook by Sherrilyn Kenyon, it’s a great source of names and has helped liven up my writing since I bought it a few months back.

10.  Who is your favorite character in your book?

I love Tal O’Duirwood. He’s an awesome character with lots of history to explore. He’s extremely complex, and very human at the same time. My readers can look forward to seeing a lot of him in the future.



Author Bio:

A.M. Burns lives in the Colorado Rockies with his partner, several dogs, cats, horses, and birds. When he’s not writing, he’s often fixing fences, hiking in the mountains, or flying his hawks. You can find out more about A.M. and his writing at www.amburns.com, or follow him on tiwitter @am_burns





Book Blurb:



“Blood Moon Yellow Sky”

My blood ran cold as I read the last part of the email. The vampire leading the trouble there was my ex-lover, Estaben de’Oro, or Steven Goldson as he was now called. I hadn’t seen Estaben in over a hundred and fifty years. He hadn’t been a powerful vampire when I drove him out of Colorado. How could he be gathering followers enough to trouble an entire Texas town? His most ambitious thought back when I knew him had been how find someone to feed on.




No comments: