Thursday, June 7, 2012

Authorsday: Laurence St. John

1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer? I knew I wanted to be a writer since I was around the age of 12. However at that time I was preoccupied with other things like baseball, football and having fun being a kid. 2. How long have you been writing? I have been writing for about 6 years. 3. Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants? I begin with brainstorming, and then I write a paragraph for each chapter. After that I build on each paragraph to make a chapter. Then I go from there.
4. How many rejections have you received? I have received about 88 rejection letters. 5. What was the best writing advice someone gave you? Author Keith Lee Johnson: Follow your dream, stay positive and don’t give up. 6. If you could ask your readers one question, what would it be? If you like or disliked something about the story what was it? This way I could learn from my audience. 7. Tell me one thing about yourself that very few people know? I can speak like Donald Duck. 8. What three things would you want with you on a desert island? A beach chair with an umbrella, cold beverages to drink and a motor boat so I could come and go as I please. 9. What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go? I would love to go to Hawaii. One of my future novels will have something to do with Hawaii. (hint hint) I could perform actual research other than just online or a library. 10. What was the hardest scene to write? The beginning paragraph. This has to make the reader wanting to read more. I probably rewrote the first paragraph of METATRON: The Angel Has Risen about a couple dozen times. Author Bio Mr. Laurence A. St. John was born on January 11, 1965. He graduated from Genoa High School in 1983. When Mr. St. John was 25 years old he married the love of his life, Julie in 1990. Mr. St. John’s place of employment changed hands, for the third time in 2006; fighting for his job, again. In the same year his first granddaughter, Kendall, “Papa’s Angel” was born. It was during this time when he became inspired to write his penned-up thoughts on paper. Nearly four years later, he had completed his first novel, Metatron: The Angel Has Risen.
Book Blurb Twelve-year-old Tyler Thompson has a secret... After his father's tragic death, Tyler finds himself in one predicament after another, until one day he and his faithful dog Maxx fall into a cesspool of mysterious green goop. When his grandfather bestows him with an object not from this earth, Tyler soon discovers he has strange powers. Unfortunately, so does the sinister Dr. Payne. Together with his best friend Lukas and Maxx, Tyler embarks on a journey to put an end to Dr. Payne’s evil scheme to control the world's children. To do so, Tyler must make a life-altering choice...

No comments: