Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Working Out

I’m a girly-girl. I have an obsession with heels---the higher the better. However, I have a down and dirty side that begs to be released Oh, you dirty-minded readers. Not that kind of down and dirty. Well, maybe. Uh, er…anyway.

I met my husband in college. He was a middle linebacker and I was a love-sick nineteen year old checking out his buns of steel and massive biceps. And other things as well. He’s always been athletic and active in the gym. Me, I’m an active watcher of those in the gym.

Was. Was an active watcher. Six years ago, my fit, self-disciplined husband made me—yes, MADE me—start getting up at 4:30 a.m. to do p90x workouts. One hour every morning of burn.

And the crazy thing was, I actually enjoyed working out. The early morning wake-up calls, not so much. But once I got in the habit of exercising I didn’t mind it so much. Eventually I moved my workouts to the afternoon, after nine hours at the day job and picking up our three kids from school/day care. Challenging, but can be done.


A few years ago I was introduced to the Tough Mudder. A twelve-mile course up a mountain and twenty obstacles designed by the British Special Forces. Uh, seriously? Crawling under barbed wire, jumping over fire, scaling twenty-foot walls while covered in mud and running through dangling vines of live wire? Oh. My. God. It was brutal, painful and so much fun. And I tortured myself by doing the Touch Mudder again the following year. And did I mention, I’m NOT a runner?

This started my obsession with muddy obstacle runs. I’ve done the Rugged Maniac, The Dirty Dash, and other local Mud Runs. Most are 5Ks and not as death defying. Running with friends, helping each other through obstacles, having a little dirty fun and burning calories. The best workout ever.

During cooler months I do Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, and still enjoy mixing it up with p90x or T-25 (short workouts!).

In fact, Sweet on You, my newest release, was inspired while taking Zumba classes a few years ago. A fitness instructor who had overcome weight issues and a tempting baker who attempts to seduce her with sweets. Rayne and Trent are fitness fanatics and enjoy rock climbing, canoeing, running, hiking and other adventures (in and out of the bedroom) together.

There are so many fun ways to workout. I’m always looking for new exercise inspirations. How do you like to burn calories? ;-)


Blurb for Sweet on You:

An extravagant cake design brings small town baker Trent Kipson to fame…

After gaining social media exposure of his culinary art, Trent’s cake design goes viral. Soon he’s contacted by the Cooking Network to host a new show in California. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for the owner of a modest shop in Portland, Maine, and the financial freedom the network offers could be the answer to all of his monetary problems.

Fitness instructor Rayne Wilde wants the life every small-town girl dreams of…

Rayne wishes for a future full of romance and the pitter-patter of little feet. She wants it all, including a white picket fence and a dog named Spot—which is exactly why she refuses to sleep with Trent, the sexy man who attends her Zumba classes. After a series of dead-end relationships, this time she really is in love. Trent is special, and the fear of letting him slip through her fingers keeps her advances at bay.


Life is waiting—all it takes is a leap of faith...

As their friendship grows and skeletons creep out of their closets, their relationship is put to the test. Stakes get higher, and the spark between them burns hotter than ever before.

Can they handle the heat when life-changing secrets are exposed, or will the fear of being burned send them on two different paths?



BIO:

Marianne Rice writes contemporary romances set in small New England towns. When she’s not writing, Marianne spends her time buying shoes, eating chocolate, chauffeuring her herd of children to their varying sporting events, and when there’s time, relaxing with fancy drinks and romance books. You can find her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and on her website at www.mariannerice.com


Buy Links:


Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-You-Wilde-Sisters-Book-ebook-x/dp/B01AMSYBYK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1453062483&sr=8-6&keywords=sweet+on+you


No comments: