Sunday, March 20, 2016

#Author Exchange: Kim Cox

CHRISTMAS CRUISE

Book Four – Lana Malloy Paranormal Mystery Series


Lana Malloy and Tony Calabria are ready for a much needed vacation. The first time they met, they’d talked about taking a cruise together but have never had the chance, so they decide to take a Christmas Cruise.
As Lana boards the cruise ship, she has an eerie feeling of death surrounding them. She ignores it at first thinking it’s her fear of the large ship since this was her first cruise. The first night she has a vision of one woman’s rape and murder. It’s not long before she is confronted by the spirits of other young women who had also been raped and then murdered. Now it’s up to her to find their murderer, someone who could be sailing with them. Can she help these women find the justice they deserve?
Available now in ebook through Amazon, 24SymbolsBarnes & Noble, Kobo, iTunes, Page Foundry, and Scribd.
Excerpt

Chapter One

As she neared the ship, her legs became heavier, hindering her movement. Dread filled her heart and she wondered if it was an omen that the trip would be plagued with sickness or could it possibly be a doomed ship that would sink into the vast ocean. “Something’s wrong,” she said, exhaling.
Tony placed a hand around her arm to lead her onto the ship. His blue eyes pleaded with her. “Come on. There’s nothing to be afraid of.”
He pulled harder but Lana planted her feet firmly, refusing to move. “I’m not afraid. It’s a feeling, an omen, that something's wrong. Definitely wrong." But as suddenly as the dark cloud had descended upon her, it was gone—a heavy burden lifted from her shoulders. Perhaps the foreboding was her fear of the large vessel, of being in the middle of the sea without any land in sight. She took in a deep breath to steady her nerves, determined she wouldn't go there.
Tony frowned with apparent concern. “You okay? Should I cancel the trip?”
She forced a smile. “No. I’m fine now. Besides, it’s too late to get your money back. I can do this.”
“I don’t care about the money. I just want you to feel safe. I’ve done this many times, although, it’s been a while and I can assure you it'll be okay.” He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her to him, and she laid her head onto his shoulder.
She snuggled deeply into the curve of his neck and placed a light kiss on his jawbone. “I trust you. I don’t know what happened. A deep-seeded dread came over me and all of a sudden I couldn't move.”
“Where did it come from?” he asked, cradling her head to his chest as she turned in his arms.
“I don’t know. But as suddenly as my imagination went wild, it stopped. At first, I thought it was a sign that we shouldn’t go, and now I feel an urgency to board, like something is beckoning to me, like someone needs my help.”
“Will there ever be a trip where someone doesn’t need your help?” he asked with irritation but continued to strum her long brown hair.
“Please, Tony, don’t be like that. We’ve been married over a year. By now you should understand that I have no choice. It’s a calling and if there was anyone else to do it, I would step aside and let them have at it.”
His frown turned to a smile. “I’m sorry. I know. It’s just . . . I don’t know. I guess I’m just hardheaded sometimes. I’d hoped this would be one trip taken without any ghost drama. I should’ve known better.”
“You’re normally so understanding about my ghost drama,” she said, mimicking him. “What’s with you today?”
He shook his head as if trying to clear it from an unwanted thought. “I sense something sinister myself. I’ve never felt this before now. Could your gift be rubbing off on me?” True concern spread across his face.
Available now in ebook through Amazon, 24SymbolsBarnes & Noble, Kobo, iTunes, Page Foundry, and Scribd.

Other Books Available in the Series

In book one, HAUNTED HEARTS, Lana sets out to solve her first case—the twenty-year old cold-case and double murder of her great aunt and her great aunt’s fiancé. If she succeeds, they’ll spend eternity together; if she can’t, they’ll be stuck as Haunted Hearts. With the help of the ghosts and a new love interest, she is able to find the murderer.
In book two, GET OUT OR DIE, the success of Lana’s first case has spread throughout the local Charleston area and her business is booming. At one pro-bono job, Lana helps a widow communicate with her late husband where she learns of a frightening new ability—an ability that could give the next spirit, an angry ghost, the upper hand if she’s not careful.
In book three, THE WEDDING CRASHER, Lana is on her honeymoon in Gatlinburg, Tennessee when she learns that a reoccurring vision about an abducted woman took place in nearby Knoxville. This case takes her hiking up mountainsides and trekking through rough terrain to find a madman before he can harm this young woman.


About Kim Cox


Kim Cox is an author of Paranormal, Mystery, Suspense and Romance. She lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina with her chain saw artist husband, their West Highland White Terriers--Scooter and Harley, and a Yorkie mix, Candi. Kim is published in novels, short stories and articles. 

Sign up for
Kim's Readers List for exclusive information, new releases, contests, giveaways, and free books.
Visit her at the following sites:
Author's Website: http://www.kimcoxauthor.com 
Amazon Author Page: http://amazon.com/author/kimcox
Social Media locations:

3 comments:

Kim Cox said...

Thank you, Chris, for having me on your blog today. :D

Kim Cox said...

I'd like to add that HAUNTED HEARTS (1st book in the series) is free at Amazon and the other booksellers. Also, theirs an option in that book to get book 2 also free.

Kim Cox said...

Grrr... Meant "there's" an option.