Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hot Hunk Friday - Thomas Gibson



Regular readers of this blog know I love nerds. There is something charming about thier innocence and anal retentiveness.

I first saw Thomas Gibson in Dharma and Greg. He played a very straightlaced lawyer. Greg reminded me a lot of my husband. I would almost fall off the chair laughing thinking my husband would do something just like this character. In a later season, he and Dharma were in a car accident. When Greg and his friend go the police station to pick up the trunk contents the cop hands him an itemzied list. The friend remarks how nice it was of them to do that. The cop said it was taped to the inside of the trunk lid.

Now my husband hasn't actually done that, but I could see him doing that.

I haven't watched Thomas Gibson on Criminal Minds for two reasons. I don't watch too many cops shows. I know too many real cops and how unrealistic those shows can be. Also, I think his attractiveness to me is tied in with the Greg character.

At least two of my works in progress have nerds in them. I reveal them as heroic, but not in an overbearing way. They are reluctant alpha males.

It's kind of fun.

Can you name your fave nerd hero?

4 comments:

Jenn Nixon said...

Oh...man. He's FANTASTIC on Criminal Minds. I would say, out of all the procedural shows I watch, CM is one of the best. It's not so much the cop part, it's the behavioral part of killer's psyche that does it for me.

The show is based on the idea a real FBI Profiler had for a mobile BAU. (John Douglass) They ripped off his idea and made it a TV show, a good one too! Sorry, I'll stop gushing about CM. (Ok, one last thing, you should make Shemar Moore one of your hunks, he's beautiful!)

My favorite nerd hero has to be Hiro from Heroes. LOL. He's a trekkie. How could you not love that!

Gayle Carline said...

When I was young, I had a crush on the ultimate nerd hero - Mr. Spock. Those ears, that logic, someone catch me, I'm gonna swoon!

P.S. I like CM, too!

Gayle Carline
www.gaylecarline.com
http://gaylecarline.blogspot.com

Helen Ginger said...

I like CM better than the CSI shows. I am so tired of seeing mushy, bloody, cut-up, close-up body parts.

I'm trying to think of a show I watch because of someone particularly hunky. Hmm. I'm stumped. I'm with Gayle, though, back in the day, I liked Spock.

Aimlesswriter said...

Actually its the young nerd in Criminal Minds. I don't know his name. I also like Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory. Their nerdiness is soooo cute!
Greg from Dharma has a bit of a darker personality on Criminal Minds. I think he's too dark, his personality needs a chuckle now and then. All that scowling isn't natural.
I've had cops tell me its the most accurate cop show on TV. Although, I'm sure it still makes its mistakes.