- Use a timer when doing research--it's very easy to become distracted, especially when searching the Internet. A timer will help make your time at the computer more productive.
- Limit the amount of time you spend answering and sending emails (unless they are to your editor), and reading on line newspapers and blogs.
- Think about what you're going to write BEFORE you sit down in front of the computer, perhaps while ironing, or cooking dinner. When you do sit down at your desk, you'll have the next few pages worked out, plus you will have freed up time in which to write them.
- Make use of downtime--those tedious journeys on the bus to work or sitting around waiting for appointments. Carry a notebook and write while you travel or wait. If you spend a lot of time in the car driving from place to place, invest in a voice activated voice recorder.
- While you're watching your children play in the park, work out the next scene or think through a problem. When you sit down to write, the words will generally flow.
- If your children have an essay to write use the time they are sat quietly to work on your novel.
- Don't try and write while the TV or radio is playing in the background, it will only distract you.
- Instead of taking an hour to eat lunch, use part of the time to write.
- Invest in a netbook computer--most are no bigger than a sheet of A4 paper, are lightweight and relatively inexpensive.
- Use an answering machine to screen calls during your 'writing time.'
- But most of all, set yourself a writing goal. It could be something as simple as entering one writing contest in the course of a year. And remember; if you write 250 words a day--the equivalent of one page of A4, in a year you will have written 365 pages or approximately 90,000 words--enough for a full length novel. Whatever your goal, stick to it, as it will take the pressure off.
Or so she thought.
She soon discovers Daniel kept secrets: an alias, mob ties, a list ofnumbers, a mysterious beach house in Florida….and a girlfriend who looks like Grace.
Swallowing her fear, she flies to Miami to claim the house Daniel left her. But the price of her curiosity is peril. Underworld figures stalk her. The other woman has left a damning trail of evidence pointing her way. And handsome, troubled FBI agent Jack West has crossed precarious paths with Grace before. He could be her savior or her damnation. All she knows for certain is that she longs to be in his arms.
With little to go on and danger at every turn, Grace must depend on Jack tohelp her navigate the criminal world of south Florida, and find the truth behind the Ring of Lie