Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy News Monday - Chocolate

Reservatrol found in chocolate and cocoa.
I'll admit I'm not a huge chocolate fan. If I'm going to eat it, it will be dark and expensive.
And probably be accompanied by red wine.
Reservatrol is supposed to be good for you. Some studies suggest it keeps your heart healthy. Other studies suggest it helps with maintaining the proper blood sugar level. It must do something.
I find that the media jumps on these things as if there is one magic bullet to good health.
There isn't.
Eat right. Exercise. Get enough sleep.
No one wants to hear that.
People want to hear they can eat what they want and still be healthy. If they listened to their bodies they would knw that isn't true.
I've learned that I feel best when I eat a lot of veggies. Thankfully I love veggies so it isn't a hardship. I just have to expand my repetoire or food gets boring.
And the days I eat more of other things? I'm tired. Not focused.
So what do you know you need to eat that makes you feel good?
I'm off to have some celery and peanut butter.

No comments: