Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy New Monday. Rose Bowl Baby!

Penn State
Any regular readers know I went to Penn State.
Anyone who knows me for more than a day probably knows I went to Penn State.
I have Penn State sweatshirts. A Penn State scrunchy. Two Penn State blankets. And a magnet on the back of my car.
And I have Penn State things on my Christmas list.
Back in 1982 I was looking for a college. I knew that I wanted to write, but I didn't really know much beyond that. Hard to look for a specific school when you don't know that much.
But in the Fall of 81 I had watched a football game with my Dad. Penn State vs someone. Can't even remember. I just remember that there was an energy about the game.
So I applied to PSU. And got in!
I needed to be part of something bigger than myself. And I have to tell you that everywhere I go, I meet someone that has graduated from my alma mater. Even at the Grand Canyon.
So why is this Happy News?
Because Penn State is going to the Rose Bowl.
They beat Michigan State this weekend and secured their spot in Pasadena.
I get to watch one more football game of my favorite team.
Squee!
So who is your fave college team?

No comments: