Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy News - MexicanMummies

Mexican mummies on display. I think this goes under the heading of quirky news not really happy news. Some graves were dug up because the families couldn't pay the grave tax. The conditions where they were buried mummified them.Now they are on display in a Mexico where they are fascinated with the dead.Obviously, since I named my book Corpse Whisperer, I have an odd fascination with the dead. There's a museum in Philadelphia called the Mutter Museum. It has all sorts of medical specimens. I can't get anyone to go with me. I had an invite to watch an embalming at a local funeral home. My husband forbids me to go. It creeps him out too much.That all said, when I die, I don't want anyone looking at me. I want a closed coffin. In fact, I want to me cremated. I want there to be a party in my honor where lots of Guinness is served and good wine.So what are your last wishes?

2 comments:

Miss Slick One said...

Ditto! Cremation!

Phyllis in SC

Kiersten said...

Babe! I'll bring the Guinness and Jamesons!