Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy News Monday - Two Sports Stories

I'm breaking with tradition and bringing you two sports stories that are making me happy personally.
The first one is about the Philadelphia Phillies. Not only are the in the World Series, they are one game away from winning it. I'm not a big baseball fan, but I am from the Philly area originally so when one of those teams makes it this far, I can't help, but cheer.
Go Phillies!
The other story is about Penn State.
Penn State, my alma mater, beat Ohio State this weekend. PSU was not favored to win. In talking to someone who saw the game, they said they were emotionally spent by the contest. I'm sorry I didn't get to see it, but I had my conference this weekend.
PSU is ranked third. The first two teams are good ones so it may mean that the Nittany Lions don't get to the play in the championship bowl, but it does mean that the naysayers who insisted Joepa was over the hill can now pipe down.
We are
Penn State!
cmr

No comments: