Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy News Monday - Hippo Sweat


Hippo Sweat may help sunscreens.

Anyone who's ever seen my in person knows how pale I am. My husband says I make the White House look tan. When I had my first son the nurse said he was the palest baby she'd ever seen. Then she met me and understood.
It's about time for me to purchase our sunscreen for the season. As I have two pale children I have to make sure they are covered. I will put it on the younger one before school since he still has recess.
We are that pale.
Can I tan? Yes, but I burn first then it tans. Is it worth it to me? Nope. I get some color from incidental sun exposure, but when I'm at the beach I'm usually under cover or in the water body surfing or boogie boarding.
So if there is an ingredient in hippo sweat that will lower my chances of sunburn and skin cancer, then that's happy news for me!