Thursday, August 25, 2011

Authorsday: Joel M. Andre

1.      When did you know you wanted to be a writer? I think I have always known I wanted to be a writer. From a young age, I recall the library my father had and enjoyed having the chance to explore the different covers and contents of all of them. I think my love of horror and the written word came from him.

2.      Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants? I write from the seat of my pants. I know many people spend time mapping out their book. Instead, I allow the characters to tell their story. I think it helps to create some exceptional surprise twists.

3.      What was the name of the first novel you wrote? Did you try to publish it? The first novel I wrote was, A Death at the North Pole. I did publish it and it has a lovely cult following. Mind you, based on the subject matter and the content, it isn't for everyone out there. But if a person wants a good laugh and a little horror, it is the perfect blend.

4.      Tell me one thing about yourself that very few people know? That I am not the evil macabre individual that sometimes comes out in my books. I've had reviewers call me evil, but I genuinely have a caring heart and I think that shocks many people.

5.      If you have a day job, what is it? I work for Need An Article. They are an online article writing company. So I write all day and night.

6.      What’s your writing schedule? I write from the moment that I get up, until I go to bed. It is my livelihood and my passion. There isn’t a choice for me to write. It is in my blood and no matter if people love it or hate it, I just continue to write for myself.

7.      What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go? I still plan on making it to Maine one day. I'll call it my pilgrimage to Stephen King when I do. It is one of my life long dreams and I am going to eventually make it happen.

8.      What did you enjoy most about writing this book? I loved fleshing out the scenes of horror. I think they really add to the story and are essential when you are working to build up some shocks and thrills.

9.      Who is your favorite character in your book? Lauren Bruni remains my favorite character from this book. Although, Maureen was perhaps the most fun to write.

10.  What was the hardest scene to write? I edited the heck out of the Eleanor scene. Her death scene went on probably about 5 pages longer than it needed to. Instead of beating a dead horse, my editor says, you are beating Eleanor again.

Author Bio:



Joel M. Andre born January 13, 1981 is the author of, The Black Chronicles: Cry of the Fallen, A Death at the North Pole and 15 other unique works. Currently, he resides in Chandler, AZ.



Book Blurb:



The Black Chronicles: Cry of the Fallen is a journey filled with unique twists and dark humor. From the opening page, the poetic writing and horror elements will grip the reader and give them the chance to explore some of their inner fears.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great interview, Chris. Joel, I enjoyed getting to know a bit more about you and your work. I have always been surprised that people have a hard time seperating a writer from their words. Writing horror doesn't mean you're an evil person, it means you have an amazing imaginaton!