Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy News Monday - New Hybrid Van

Company has made a 100 mpg van.

I'm not environmentalist, but I believe for our safety and just plain business sense, we need to find alternatives to oil. Note I said it in plural.
There isn't one answer. I think too many people are looking for one answer. We have one answer now and it isn't a good place to be.

One of the things I like about this van is it uses multiple technologies. 30 miles on battery alone then a combo of battery and gasoline. I truly believe this is where the answer lies. In a combination of technologies. There are places where wind would work better. I don't think solar power is a big seller in Seattle.
See what I mean?
There isn't one answer. There are many.
What would work in your area?

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I walk 5 blocks to the commuter train and take the train Downtown, get off and walk another 5 blocks to the office. When I do drive, I have a Neon. Since I only do neighborhood driving, I don't worry about gas that much. The DH has a van because we use it to go to Wisconsin on vacation and we need room for all our junk we always feel necessary to bring with.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Chris Redding said...

I live where there is no public transportation. You must drive everywhere.
cmr

Helen Ginger said...

Don't know that solar powered cars would work, but we get a lot of sun around where I live.

Helen
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com